Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Updated Pumpkin Spice Saison Recipe

We went to the Dallas Homebrew Store in Carrollton today.  It's more of a wine making store than a homebrew store, but they have a huge selection of grains, and you weigh and grind them yourself.  Plus, 10% off for members, which is apparently free, because I joined and got my discount today!  Seemed way cheaper than most online places and Homebrew HQ.

After looking around a bit on the Internet, and getting some advice on a couple of different forums, I tweaked my recipe a bit.  With the help of BIABacus (http://www.biabrewer.info/), here is what I came up with:

Grains
5lbs Briess 2-row
5lbs Weyermann Pilsner
2lbs Briess Munich
1/2lb Dingemans Cara 45L
1/2lb Briess Rye

Hops/Spices
1oz Sterling (7.9% AA) 60 min
1oz Sterling (7.9% AA) 15 min
1oz Czech Saaz (3.8% AA) 5 min
1Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice 5 min

Mash for 90 minutes at 148* with a 20 minute mashout at 170*.

Boil for 90 minutes, cool to 70* and pitch yeast starter of WLP565.  Let it sit in swamp cooler for 3 days, then let it rise as it wants at 85* room temp until it's done.

OG 1.059
FG 1.009 (hopefully)

I'll be brewing Saturday, so if anyone wants to stop by and drink some homebrew and see how it's made, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment