Monday, September 9, 2013

Home brewery name

Like any good home brewer, I have to come up with a name for my new endeavour, even if I never enter a single competition.  I had a ton of good ideas in my head, but apparently I'm not very creative or original, as every idea I had already existed in one form or another.

There's already a Minuteman Brewing Company.  I thought about Arrowhead Brewing, after the 36th Infantry Division patch I wear.  Nope, that's taken too.  Same for Doughboy Brewing.  I switched my thinking from wider military themed to more specific field artillery themed.  Reg Leg Brewery is taken, which is too bad, because it's a pretty awesome name.  My neighbors recently moved to Colorado Springs, where Red Leg is located, and he's promised to send me some beer!

After giving up on the military themes, I just decided to go simple.  I love my home state of Texas, so I've gone with Texas Ale Company for now, as you can probably see from the URL of this here blog.  I'll starting playing around with a logo this week, see what I can come up with.

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment